CMI Diploma in First Line Management (Foundation Level)
The CMI Diploma in First Line Management is developed for supervisors and managers. This qualification provides an excellent entry point for junior managers by developing their communication and motivational skills.
The Diploma can be delivered through classroom based learning with candidates undertaking additional guided learning in order to gain the qualification.
- Meeting stakeholder needs and customer care – understanding who your customers are and focus on customer care and continuous improvement.
- Improving team performance – understanding how teams develop and individuals and teams have required skills to develop.
- Resource planning – understanding what resources are, how they need to be managed, what affects their availability inside and outside an organisation.
- Managing and communicating information – understanding sources of information, report writing.
- Personal development as a manager – management style, time management, relationship management.
Assessment is normally via practical work based assignments – this ensures you undertake work study that is relevant to your own company or organisation.
On successful completion of a Level 3 qualification in First Line Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progression to Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Progression to other qualifications at a higher level